How to Remove Pet Urine Stains:
- Blot as much as possible if still wet
- Mix one teaspoon of a colorless, mild detergent or dishwashing liquid in a cup of lukewarm water
- Apply detergent solution and blot
- Mix one tablespoon of clean household ammonia with one-half cup of water
- Apply ammonia solution and blot
- Using white vinegar and water, mix a solution in a bowl (50% vinegar, 50% water). Make enough of the solution so that it can reach deep down into the carpet’s fibers.
- Apply vinegar solution and blot
- Rinse thoroughly with water and blot until dry
- If stain remains, apply a rust remover or oxalic acid solution
- Bleaching with 3-5% hydrogen peroxide or sodium perborate might be necessary
Urine stains may cause permanent dye removal from fibers.